Thursday, December 3, 2009

2009 Advent Calendar

Seeing that I love Christmas, I decided to make my little one an advent calendar this year. It took about 2 days to complete, but so worth it.

To make the advent calendar, I mostly used wool felt and embroidery thread. I started by making individual squares and then hot gluing the numbers to them. Then I sewed them onto a big piece of felt. The trees, mountains, moon, star, deer and snowflakes are all cut from wool felt and then sewn on. The bird and mouse were needle felted from wool. The stick is from my mother in law's backyard and then sewn onto the main piece. And Voila! An advent calendar.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment