Sunday, April 13, 2014

Creating

Oh there's been so much creating around here. To the point that I have officially burnt myself out. It's ok though, this always happens to me. I take a good two week break until I am back in business. I have orders that I am working on right now, but my personal items are taking a back burner....

With that, here are a few things that have made their way out the door.

Hudson's friend Evi celebrated her 6th birthday. I made her this sweet outfit.
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nolan's friend, Enzo, turned 3 and I thought a quilt would be nice. Boys are harder to make for... I am always up for making dresses, but the boys I can't ever seem to find the right thing in terms of clothing. I used a lot of my scrap fabric and came up with this..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hudson's friend, Oliver, turned 6 and Hudson really wanted to make him a raft.. he said "a raft, where Oliver and I can drift around." I pulled out my handy dandy needle felting and started to poke away. I am not a huge fan of needled felting, only because I don't think I am very good at it, but these two little rafting boys turned out pretty cute. The blonde is Hudson and the red head is Oliver. Hudson painted the raft and assembled it. It was a great project for him. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And this is what our guest bed typically looks like. It is only clear of crafting when someone says they are coming to stay. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
But this turned into this: a sweet dress for my friend's daughter, Brielle, who just turned 2. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And here are some other things. I have really been into upcycling lately. 
Taking this: 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
and making this:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Taking these:
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And making this adorable outfit:
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And just a few more things:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seeing it all lined up, I can see why I am so burnt out. I am in the middle of a baby shower gift and can't wait to share. Do you find yourself getting burnt out on crafting? Breaks are a very good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment