Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A personalized gift

I made this sweater awhile ago Image and video hosting by TinyPic..not knowing exactly where and who it would go to. When I was trying to decide what to make my nephew, Dalton, I was coming up short with ideas...I had already made him leg warmers and a hat. And then I remembered that I had this sweater with no home. The sweater was a tad itchy so I decided to line it with some really soft fleece and added a few little things that made it personal. I am so in love with lining things now.. I can't wait to make one for Huddy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The lining was relatively easy. I just laid the fabric on the sweater and cut it out with the lines of the sweater. Then I pinned it like crazy. It is hand sewn because I was worried my sewing machine would ruin the knit sweater. I added the owls at the collar because there was a seam there that I wanted to cover up.. I just love how the owls peak out when the sweater is folded. The tag is made from some leftover fabric I had here at home and then the writing was done with a good old sharpie. There you have it, a personalized gift for a very special bambino! I can't wait to see it on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment