Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring

Spring
"I knew when Spring was come-
Not by the murmurous hum
Of bees in the willow trees,
Or frills,
Of Daffodils,
Or the scent of the breeze;
But because there were whips and tops
By the jars of lollipops
In the two little village shops..."
From "The Calendar"

I like to believe that Spring is inching upon us.

I love Spring.

Last night I stripped our bedding of it's winter wear and added our Spring comforter. This morning when I woke up I was so excited to see a bright and cheery green with birds cover welcoming me to my day.

As I am prepping my house for Spring I am thinking of all the wonderful things I want to add to our nature table. Winter was fun, but it spoke of Christmas too much and I had to take it down with the rest of the Christmas decor. Next year I don't want to focus so much on the Holiday, but more on the Season.

With Spring coming and a new baby that entered our world, I tried my hand at making a little garden fairy. Now, I don't want people to think that this Waldorf class has turned me into a fairy/gnome believer, but I do like this fairy.. and she is a garden fairy, and she is pretty. And I think baby Lucy will love her. So, I think I will need to make this again for our nature table.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This pattern came from this wonderful book.. I highly recommend it for celebrating the seasons with your little ones.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment