Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The end of this chapter..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This past week we were vacationing in the Redwoods. Three boys and a mama all cuddled up in a tent together to experience the great outdoors. The trip was amazing and both sad for this mama. You see, Nolan turned 2 1/2 on the 4th. That's not the sad part, that part is that he stopped nursing that day also. I started to notice that he was leaning towards self weaning but he was still pretty consistent at home. As the days went on and he continued to not ask for "Nursie", I knew that we had ended that chapter.

I don't know if I was quite ready for this change, but I welcomed it to happen at any time. 2 1/2 years of nursing created such a nurturing and magical bond with my sweet boy. Our very own special moments spent together. 

Knowing that he is our last child, I can't help but weep just a bit as he takes his first big step into becoming more of his own self. A boy of such passion and charisma. A boy that makes everyone laugh. A boy with such a heart of gold and a great way with words. Just this evening he told me "mommy I don't like your shirt, but I like you." I asked him why he didn't like my shirt, he says "because I don't and that's enough of that." 

That funny boy of mine.

Other famous quotes from him:
"I am a working machine!"
"I am a pooping machine!"
 Us: "Nolan, what's your name" Nolan "Alpapa Zack Nick"
 Nolan: "I don't like the ocean, I don't like big trees, I don't like the wind"
Nolan: "I am going to get in my sleeping bag now and cry." 2 seconds later.. fake cry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment