Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The town is our art studio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last night I told my husband, "With all these changes in our lives (school and me working a bit) I am giving myself a free pass on coming up with my toddler homeschooling curriculum." He said "Oh, that's understandable." I said, "Yea. next week I will be on top of it."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Well, that's just not how I am, you see. Today it started and it felt so good. While my oldest child is in kindergarten, I do a "homeschooling/unschooling/coolschooling" Whatever you want to call it! With my 2 1/2 year old. I try to spend our limited hours together by doing things that are enriching. I desperately try to keep all errand running to "off" days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Today was painting in the park. He chose the fountain in our glorious Lithia Park. Such a beautiful place to pull out our paper and paints. It's amazing to sit and talk to a toddler about their painting. I loved watching him concentrate on his color selection, his dedication to moving the brush over his paper. He would tell me how he was "making a sunset" "over a barn" and a "creek was running through the barn." Some times, the best moments I have with him are when I shut my own mouth and just let him talk freely. I snapped a few pics of us at the early part of our painting. I soon joined him in a delightful, yet Scorching Hot day of painting in the park.

 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One of the best things I find about painting is the easy ability to take it anywhere. I find my boys love it when they are in nature and sitting with a good paintbrush and paper.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Welcome my tiny tot to your own chance with Mama's school of easy learning :)

 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(please do not take images or content to use on your own site or project, without my permission. Thank you.)


No comments:

Post a Comment