Sunday, September 29, 2013

Keeping music alive in school.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Last week I walked through the doors of the Siskiyou School (our local Waldorf grades school). I walked down the hall and I heard the most wonderful voices gracing the halls. The teacher playing the piano and the students singing the song "Down to the River to Pray" Have you heard this song? It is part folk with a hint of church choir. It was magical. I closed my eyes for a minute and listened to the kids. Singing it so gracefully and I felt for a minute this magical moment of awareness and calm. The beauty of that moment made me so grateful that there are still schools that value the wonderful gift of music. My life stood still if only for a moment to hear what felt like a moment walking down the aisle of a beautiful cathedral.

Here is the song, sung by Alison Krauss, in case you are not familiar..

No comments:

Post a Comment