Sunday, April 11, 2010

Finally

I have impatiently been awaiting for my dish soap to run out. I have been wanting to make my own soap..it's so easy and so much more environmental.

Making your own soap also helps you know what you are using. My goal is to make all my cleaning supplies. Using simple ingredients like Dr Bronner's Castile Soap, Borax, Vinegar and Baking Soda. It makes sense, no?

Go, pick up your cleaning supplies and read the ingredients. Chances are you can't pronounce half of the ingredients, and even if you use things like Seventh Generation, there are trace amounts of really bad things.. and using a plastic bottle every time!!!!! Well.. don't get me started.

Here's the soap a made:
2 cups Dr Bronner's castile soap. I used the Peppermint smell.. so lovely!
1/2 cup water

.....that's it..... gasp!

I used to buy Seventh Generation until I really started thinking about the fact that I was going through a plastic carton every month or so... and spending $3 a bottle for that. Also, even though this is all natural, doesn't mean that all the ingredients are natural.. you have to be careful with that one.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So I bought this soap
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AND then I realized it came in bulk so now I can refill it!!! LOVELY!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

More homemade cleaning supplies to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment