Saturday, January 14, 2012

Little knits

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Being a knitter, crafter, doer.. I am always looking for things to challenge me. My first item that I made was a super bulky scarf. Yes, it took me about 2 weeks and it was on the biggest needles ever. I wanted a "fast" knit. And two weeks was super fast back then.

Fast Forward to now and here I am, using the tiniest little needles, with the thinnest yarn, for one sweet little girl.. who happens to turn 2 in a mere few weeks. I am knitting fast, but I am uncertain that these small needles and yarn will get me anywhere fast.

When showing this to my friend, she said "well you had a choice. Why didn't you make her a bulky "something"?"

It's the challenge.
and it's on.

Check back for updates.

Here is the sweet Lulu's present last year. My challenge with this pixie coat was teaching myself how to cable.
If you would like to make this, here is the pattern Pixie Coat. It was a middle tier knit in terms of difficulty. If you have questions regarding the pattern, please feel free to contact me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment