Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Knitting for family

This is how it started.. a big project. Mostly next to the Christmas tree.. which was a great way to spend my knitting nights. I wanted to make my sister in law a sweater for Christmas. She taught me how to knit so I wanted to make her something very special.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is the final product. I was very happy with it. I would have, however, made it a tad wider..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

For her son, Juju, I wanted to make a sweater and line it with some adorable fabric. I was super excited for this sweater!!! and very happy with the outcome. However, when I was cutting the lining at one point, I cut the sweater! I have to learn more patience with these things. With the help of a sewing needle I was able to fix it.. I was quite devastated when it happened!! Can you imagine.. Hours of knitting and hurting hands.. just from one little snip!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Both projects were "learning" projects and I learned a lot. I am excited to venture into more sweater making!!! I have a few more on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment