Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Itty Bitty Heafey

sorry I have been a tad MIA lately. I have been very busy with projects, a husband who has to work late to prepare for his weeks of travel, updating my baby blog, Oh yea, and taking care of my son :) I need a New Year's Resolution right now.. Put more time in Made By Lora!!! And on that note...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Oh I am so excited that I completed this project because of it's super cuteness. My good friend is due to have a baby any day.. and I really hope she doesn't have time to check my blog because I haven't delivered this yet... but I whipped up this itty bitty little outfit. It was my first time to make the vest and pants.. the pants were quite difficult, but all ended well in the end. I wish I wouldn't look like a total goon in this, or I would make one for myself.. could you imagine? Can't wait to meet little baby Heafey in a mere few days.

Making of the pants.. complete concentration was needed for the bum part! Which if you know anything about me.. concentration is not my strong suit.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The vest is an all open vest with buttons at the top and on the side.. making it easier to put on a newborn.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The pants are knit from the bottom-up.. then you separate the two legs and start knitting in the round for the bum. The waistband is elastic and I sewed the knitting over top of it.. then added the button.. and sewed the crotch.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The hat is just changing of yarn many times. and Voila! An outfit for the tiny tot!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment