Friday, November 30, 2012

Rooting In Community

 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We have lived in Ashland a little over two and a half years now. We see familiar faces, we have friends, we are finding our place in our community.

One thing I wish for our children is a deep connection to their "home." I want them to feel comfort in their surroundings, around the people they see, and one day when they leave and come back home, I hope they feel a certain peace of familiar. I have been informed, however, that Hudson is never leaving home and will be living with us forever. Hmmmm.....

On this note, I was very excited to walk in the Festival of Lights parade with our local bookstore, Treehouse books. An amazing gem of a store that holds many of great books, art supplies, knick knacks, and many things Waldorf. The moment you walk in the store you are brought into a world of wonder, mystery, woodland creature land, and let's not forget the amazing gnomes lurking around. I heart this place almost as much as my kids.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The kids and I dressed as Woodland princes and princess. I made us crowns with woodland creatures and glittery capes. It was so much fun making these things and then meeting our friends at the parade. We also made our lanterns the weekend before. Treehouse put on a lantern making event. Hudson and Nolan were VERY excited. Our first intro into parade walking ;-)
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My crew 
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The night sky welcoming the lights.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Face painting for the kids
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Not your typical "christmas" parade. Which I LOVE about this town
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ready!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also finally got around to making the kids their balaclava hats. These are super important for our bike riding since knit hats don't fit under helmet and for whenever the snow finally appears.. here's hoping.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 


No comments:

Post a Comment