Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekending

 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The weekend is coming to a close and my friends, winter feels like it is here!

The first colds have entered our home. Mom and Dad have been hit and recovering ever so slowly. I am a pretty firm believer of letting my body heal colds/flu/etc on it's own so my colds take a little longer than maybe some. I also don't really enjoy taking meds while breastfeeding, so I have made many soups to keep us warm.

I recently made this soup and it was very delicious. Something about Chicken noodle soup really warms the tummy! Recipe here: Yummy Chicken Soup
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also believe in getting out of the house when sick. Something about the fresh air is good for the soul. It's freezing here and that means SNOW! We headed to the mountains for a quick "mom is sick and can't dare go sledding in the snow" moment. It was the perfect amount for our kids. The beauty that we saw was spectacular. I love breathing in beauty and that's not hard when you are on top of a mountain covered in snow.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Little noses were oh so cold!
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Little raccoons took over little hands. We also spent most of the time putting said gloves back on hands!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And of course there was lots of snow throwing (and eating)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hoping your weekend was filled with warmth and many giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment